Whether you’re a native of one of these towns, you live nearby, or you’re looking to make your next Texas road trip even more exciting, local events are a huge part of what makes our state a great place to explore!
Click on each city’s event calendar for more information, ticket details (if applicable), and even MORE awesome events! Be sure to save this blog post so you can reference it next year!
Seasonal Texas Events
- Where to Pick Berries: May through end of July 2023 (depending on seasonal weather/rain patterns)
- Hot Air Balloon Festivals: June through October 2023
- Pride Month: June 2023
- Pumpkin Patches & Fall Festivals: September through November 2023
- Holiday Events
- Latino Music Month (free): Celebrate Latino-inspired music in Austin while supporting local Latin artists and bands. The performances are open to the public and will be held on the plaza at Austin City Hall every Friday around noon. May 1 – 31, 2023
- Pecan Street Spring Arts Festival (free admission): This music festival in Central Texas is the oldest and largest arts, crafts, and music festival. It’s a free, family-friendly event for people of all ages that aims to preserve the historical appeal of the Sixth Street’s original name, Pecan Street. May 6 – 7, 2023
- Hot Luck Festival: Honor the soul and diversity of food and music at the Hot Luck Festival, which will feature a variety of events, personalities, performances and culinary creations in downtown Austin and throughout the city. May 25 – 28, 2023
- Memorial Day: Relax and unwind in Austin this Memorial Day. Check out our Austin Weekend Guide so you can make the most of your long, holiday weekend. May 29, 2023
Bay Area Houston
- Mommy & Me Tea Party: Mother and daughter teatime has never been so special! Make some great memories with your daughter at this special event in League City. May 6, 2023, 10 AM to 12 PM
- Bay Area Trade Days (free): Have fun with your family/friends while supporting local businesses at this shopping event at Gilruth Sports Complex. May 6, 2023, 10 AM to 4 PM
- Astronomy in the Park (free): Pack up your telescope, your blankets, and lawn chairs and come out to Rustic Oak Park for some stargazing. Monthly on the 1st Saturday, 7 PM to 9:30 PM.
- Imagine the Possibilities Tour: Celebrate Preservation Month in downtown Beaumont! This exciting tour will provide the “inside scoop” on what’s going on downtown, get you into places you have never been before, and educate attendees on historic preservation and downtown revitalization. May 4, 2023, 4 PM to 7 PM
- Cinco De Mayo Turtle Races: Join this Cinco De Mayo fiesta with live music, margaritas, and turtle races at Madison’s! May 5, 2023, 6 PM
- Sip ‘n Shop at Cotton Creek Winery (free admission): Monthly on the 1st of the month
- Yoga at Cattail Marsh (free): Bring your mat and attend a Vinyasa yoga class on the Cattail Marsh Boardwalk. Weekly on Saturdays until August 26th, 2023.
- I-10 Flea Market (free admission): Explore a wide array of locally made items and antiques. Weekly on Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 8AM to 5PM. Location: 445 West Freeway (I-10, Vidor, TX)
- Kentucky Derby Party: Don’t miss out on this fundraiser event for the youth! Wear your head-turning derby attire for a night of derby games, race, music, fare and more! May 6, 2023, 4 PM to 9 PM.
- Bellville Market Day and Farmers Market (free admission): Shop vendors and fresh, local goods like seasonal produce, meat, and more! Monthly on the 1st Saturday. Opens at 9am. Farmers Market is open until noon. Market is open until 4 PM. Note: The Market is not held in January, June, July, or August.
- Mini Arts Fest: Enjoy live music, food, drinks, arts and entertainment in the beautiful Uptown Blanco Courtyard! May 6, 2023, 10 AM to 4 PM
- Mother’s Day Soap Making: Bring your daughter and learn how to make your own soap using skin-loving ingredients at the Wild Dill Farm. May 13, 2023, 12:30 PM to 2:30 PM
- Shades of Light: Save the date for this one of a kind gallery event and performance by the 4th Street Gallery featuring contemporary visual art. May 20, 2023, 4PM to 7PM
- Blanco Lavender Festival (free admission): Choose from a selection of lavender treats and local goods at this free festival in Blanco. June 9 – 11, 2023
- Boerne Lemonade Day: Ignite the entrepreneurial interest of over 150 kids across town by supporting their lemonade stands. Enjoy a glass of ice-cold lemonade, freshly baked goodies, and so much more! May 6, 2023, 11 AM to 2 PM
- Movie in the Park (free): It’s time to pop the corn and plan for a family movie night at Boerne Parks and Recreation. May 19, 2023, 7 PM
- Music in the Cave – Proud to be an American: Experience the cave’s natural, incredible acoustics and a night of great music from some of San Antonio’s most talented singers at the Cave Without a Name. May 27, 2023, 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- A Day at the Farm & Farmers Market (free admission): Spend time outside, shop, and hike the trails at Herff Farm. Special events vary, like classes or chances to volunteer with the Cibolo Center for Conservation. Weekly every Saturday from 9 AM to 1 PM
- The Old Jail Museum Tours: Learn about Kendall County history inside this historic jailhouse that dates back to 1887. Tickets for visitors 10+ years old are just $5! Visitors under 10 will receive free admission. Weekly every Saturday.
- Brown County Outlaws Baseball Tournament: Head out to the Bert V. Massey Sports Complex for an exciting weekend of baseball and sportsmanship. May 6 – 7, 2023
- Cinco de Mayo Celebration: Come out to downtown Brownwood and enjoy a day full of Mexican American festivities and food. May 6, 2023, 1 PM to 10 PM
- Lake Brownwood Bash (free): Stroll through the scenic trails of Lake Brownwood State Park and learn about its history, wildlife, and recreation. May 12, 2023, 9 AM to 3 PM
- 2nd Sundays in Downtown Brownwood: Every month on the second Sunday, local businesses will be open and offering something unique and fun! Explore the charm of downtown: the food, the drinks, the shopping!
- Artisan Market: The Artisan Market is back for their Spring Season at Shaw’s Marketplace! Head over and shop from 20+ local artisans, bakeries, and more! March 25 – May 27, 2023 (9 AM to 1 PM)
- Cinco De Mayo (free admission): This family-friendly event will be held at Voices for Children. Make sure to take a swing at the piñata! May 5, 2023, 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
- Wine & Roses Festival: Join Mesina Hof Winery for a weekend of wine and food experiences, beautiful outdoor scenery, and more! May 6 – 7, 2023
- First Friday in Downtown Bryan (free): Monthly on the 1st Friday from 5 PM to 10 PM.
- Beverage Flight Wednesday at Ronin Farm: The Ronin Farm will be serving flights of things like beer, wine, cocktails, or liquor that’ll change each week. Check their website to see what is being served that week. Book your spot online. Weekly every Wednesday during this spring, 5 PM to 10 PM.
- Brazos Valley Farmers’ Market (free): Weekly every Saturday from 8 AM to noon.
- Coffee Shop Social at POV by Pride Community Center (free): Visit with members and staff of the Pride Community Center while sipping on your favorite beverage at the POV Coffee House. Monthly on the 3rd Tuesday from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM.
- Pop-up with Pure Barre at Lake Walk (free): Enjoy a sunset barre class monthly on the 4th Wednesday from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Be sure to come prepared with a yoga mat, towel, and water. Be sure to register online beforehand.
- Utopiafest: An intimate music and arts festival with concerts, workshops, food, and even camping! May 5 – 6, 2023
- Kid Fish for Catfish: Create a new experience with the family and fish for catfish together at Two-Acre Lake with the city of Canton and Texas Parks and Wildlife. There will also be free hotdogs! May 13, 2023, 9 AM to 1 PM
- First Monday Market Days (free admission): The largest flea market in the world! Monthly every first and last weekend (Thursdays through Sundays)
- 2023 Outrun Hunger: This community-wide fundraising event aims to help chase hunger out of Montgomery County. The 5K Trail Run/Walk & 1K Color Dash will take place at Grand Central Park. May 7, 2023, 12 PM to 7PM
- Memorial Day Observances: Montgomery County Veterans Memorial invites you to join them in honoring the sacrifice of United States Veterans. May 29, 2023, 9 AM
- Trivia at B-52 Brewing (free admission): Weekly on Thursday at 7 PM
- Main Street Market (free admission): Weekly on Saturday, 10 AM to 2 PM
- Sip Shop Stroll (free admission): Shop alongside live music, food, and libations. Monthly on the 4th Thursday at 5 PM.
- Buc Days Festival: Immerse yourself in this culturally diverse event with lots of activities and entertainment including a carnival, rodeo, and parades! May 4 – 14, 2023
- Grow Local Farmers’ Market (free): Weekly on Wednesdays
- Sunrise Yoga on the Deck at Water Dog Yoga, SUP & Barre: Take a sunset Vinyasa class for all levels and ages. Weekly on Wednesdays from 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM
- Third Thursday at the Art Museum of South Texas (free): Explore the museum, take part in art activities, shop from local vendors, and listen to live music. Monthly on the 3rd Thursday from 5:30 PM to 9 PM
- Purple Party Weekend: Embrace gender diversity at this epic charity dance and music festival at the Fair Park Coliseum. May 4 – 8, 2023
- Cinco de Mayo Dallas (free): Celebrate Hispanic culture along historic Jefferson Boulevard featuring La Batalla de Puebla. May 6, 2023, 9 AM to 8PM
- 2023 Bagel Run: Save the date for this special Mother’s Day activity featuring a 10K, 5K, and Kids K Run, perfect for all family members! May 14, 2023, 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM
- Texas State Fair: There will be dozens of food stalls, games, carnival rides, tastings, daily concerts, and other family-friendly activities. September 29 – October 22, 2023
- Día de Muertos: October 29, 2023
- Festival of Flight: This family-friendly event will be held at Charro Ranch Park where you will learn about native bird species via bird walks and birdwatching. May 13, 2023, 7:30 AM to 12 PM
- Sip & Shop Vibe Market (free parking): Shop from over 50 local artisans, sip on craft cocktails, and listen to live music at Dripping Springs Distilling. May 20, 2023, 12 PM to 5 PM
- There aren’t any events currently scheduled for May 2023. Keep checking their online event calendar for updates.
- Cinco de Mayo (free for kids 12 and under): This cultural celebration will feature ballet folklorico, mariachi performances, authentic food selections, local artisans, vendors, kids crafts, activities and more! May 7, 2023, 12 PM
- National Polka Festival: Listen to live polka music, practice your moves, eat tasty food, and surround yourself with Czech culture. May 26 – 28, 2023
- May Music Fest: More information will be on the Chamber of Commerce website as it becomes available. May 13, 2023, 7 PM to 11 PM
- Casino Night: Play roulette, Texas Hold’em, Craps, and Blackjack. Your ticket will get you $2,000 in Funny Money to start with prizes available for you to win! August 12, 2023, 7 PM to 10 PM
- Trick-It-Up Bike Ride: There will be snacks and lunch provided along with a St. Arnold’s Beer Garden and live music. Come ready to ride in with your best bike decor and Halloween costume! October 28, 2023
- Scare on the Square: More information will become available on the Chamber of Commerce website as it becomes available. October 31, 2023
- Christmas Parade & Rudolph “Fun” Run: More information will become available on the Chamber of Commerce website as it becomes available. December 9, 2023
- Farmersville Market at the Onion Shed & City Hall (free admission): This event has been running since 2004 and features food and craft vendors, trails, and restaurants. Monthly (except January & October) on the 1st Saturday from 9 AM to 3 PM.
- Frisco Fair: Hosted at the Frisco Fresh Market, this is the ultimate family event where you’ll find games, carnival rides, as well as fair food and music! May 1 – 14, 2023
- StrEATS Festival (free): Chow down on gourmet food from the best food trucks in the DFW metroplex at Texas’ longest-running food truck festival. May 6, 2023, 11 AM to 8 PM
- Frisco Starfest (free): Hang out with the Texas Astronomical Society and learn all about space. Check the hotline before you go by calling 214-800-6000. Monthly on the 2nd Saturday, 6 PM to 10:30 PM weather permitting.
- Kid Fish Tournament (free): This event provides kids 15 and under with a safe and fun introductory fishing experience. May 6, 2023, 7:15 AM to 12 PM
- Run WILD 5K Fun Run: Looking for a great activity to bond with your kids? Register now for this morning 5K fun run and enjoy free-flowing beverages! May 13, 2023, 8 AM to 11 AM
- Rise Prohibition Brunch at Mob Bar: This local speakeasy will feature Sinatra, live jazz, and a menu full of themed food and drinks. Weekly every Sunday, 12 PM to 4 PM.
- Family Fishing Fun: Experience a hassle-free morning fishing at Garey Park where fishing equipment, instructions, and bait will be provided. May 20, 2023, 8 AM to 10 AM
- Wolf Ranch Farmer’s Market (free admission): Weekly on Saturdays
- Historic Courthouse Tours (free): Weekly on Fridays at 1:30 PM, 2:30 PM, and 3:30 PM. Simply meet at the courthouse.
- Thursday Taproom Trivia at the Barking Armadillo (free admission): Weekly on Thursdays
- Pasadena Strawberry Festival: A multitude of festivities including carnival games and rides, contests, live music, the world’s biggest strawberry shortcake, and much more await at the Pasadena Convention Center and Municipal Fairgrounds. May 18 – 21, 2023
- Comicpalooza: Texas’ Largest Comic and Pop Culture Event will be held at George R. Brown Convention Center with special attractions and lively entertainment will be performed. May 26 – 28, 2023
- Colors in Bloom at the Color Factory: This interactive museum will take on all the springs colors with features like life-size bluebonnets and a brand new, blossoming confetti room. Daily from February 11 – June 30, 2023
- First Saturday Arts Market (free admission): Monthly on the 1st Saturday
- Beginner Salsa Lessons at M-K-T (free): Come with a partner or by yourself for an hour-long, outdoor salsa lesson. Last Friday of each month through August 25, 6 PM to 7:30 PM
Kingsland/Lake LBJ Chamber of Commerce
- There aren’t any events currently scheduled for May 2023. Keep checking their online event calendar for updates.
- Reach for the Stars (free): Wear your favorite Converse and head out to Tres Laredos Park to get free new laces! Get a free t-shirt as well when you donate new socks, coloring books, toothbrushes or hairbrushes. May 6, 2023, 12 PM
- Mexico Lindo 2023: Celebrate two nights of Mexican music and dancing at the Laredo Mansion. May 20 -21, 2023, 7:30 PM
- Trade Days 2023 Spring Market: Spend time in the great outdoors in Pedigo Park with delicious food and eye-catching arts and crafts. May 13 – 14, 2023, 9 AM tot 2 PM
- Corgi Derby Day (free): It’s time to stretch out those muscles in this action-packed sporting event at Little Woodrow’s Lubbock. May 6, 2023, 12 PM
- Miles for Moody: Let’s support this first annual walking event that aims to raise awareness and funds for research on brain and spinal cord injuries. May 20, 2023, 2 AM to 4 AM
- First Friday Art Trail in Lubbock Cultural District (free admission): A self-guided art tour complete with music, food trucks, and art from all over. Monthly on the 1st Friday (starting March 3, 2023)
- Food Truck Alley: Choose from an assortment of local food trucks between 11 AM to 2 PM. Monthly on the 1st Tuesday (starting March 27, 2023)
- Second Saturdays (March through November): End your Saturday evening with live music, shopping, and a car show in downtown Marshall. Monthly on the 2nd Saturday, 5 PM to 9 PM
- Spring Wine Trail: Experience a full month of wine tastings from over 35 participating wineries at the North Texas Wine Country. May 1 – 31, 2023
- Derby Day Wine & Whiskey Walk: Wear your derby hats while exploring historic downton McKinney and drinking whiskey cocktails. Make sure to turn in your completed event passport to get special discounts on your favorite wines. May 6, 2023, 11 AM to 5 PM
- KHYI’s 27th Annual Texas Music Revolution: Over 98 bands across 15 stages will be filling the square with all kinds of music. June 2 – 3, 2023
- Mother’s Day Love Trees for Mommy & Me: This is a perfect family bonding activity that will simultaneously unleash your kid’s creativity. Feel free to bring your own refreshments and snacks. May 14, 2023, 2 PM to 3:30 PM
- Harvest Moon Gala: October 7, 2023
- Wurstfest: November 3 – 12, 2023
- Christmas Market: December 7, 2023
- Family Fish Day: Start your day fishing at the Blue Lake and have a chance to keep 5 catfish of any species and 5 bass of any species per fisherman. May 6, 2023, 8 AM to 11 AM
- Mommy & Me Par-Tea: Create wonderful memories with your kids at this beautiful tea party at Over Yonder. May 13, 2023, 1 PM to 3 PM
- Saturdays on Main (free admission): You’re invited to explore downtown Palestine and all of its antique shops, boutiques, and restaurants. January 7 – November 4, 2023, on the 1st Saturday from 10 AM to 10 PM
- Palestine Trade Days (free admission): March 4 – December 2, 2023, on the 1st Saturday from 10 AM to 4 PM
- Slade Baker Memorial Crawfish Cook-Off: Pig out on all-you-can-eat crawfish with the fixings while watching teams face off for the Championship Title trophy. May 5 – 6, 2023
- Tour de Paris: No need to go to France to watch the Tour de France when Paris TX hosts its very own version! It has been a local favorite since 1984 and participation has grown significantly since then. Participants must register online. July 15, 2023, start time is 8 AM.
- Balloon & Music Festival: Watch hot air balloons of all shapes and sizes take flight while you enjoy music, vendors, and kid-friendly activities. September 8 – 10, 2023
- Spring/Summer Farmers Market (free admission): Shop for fresh, local produce, coffee, crafts, and other goods from surrounding small businesses. Weekly every Saturday (starting May 6th), 8 AM to 1 PM
- Pearland Boutique Shop & Hop (free admission): Enter to win a prize when you visit four or more of the ten local Pearland businesses that will be present. There will also be snacks and drinks available. May 13, 2023, 10 AM to 5 PM
- Pearland Art on the Pavilion (free): Shop local and regional artists while you listen to live music. October 8 – 9, 2023, 10 AM to 5 PM
- Pearland Restaurant Weeks: A variety of local restaurants will be creating special menus for you to try in support of the Pearland Neighborhood Center, a social services center serving the residents of Northern Brazoria County. November 7 – 20, 2023
- Pearland Country Music Showcase (free): You’re invited to bring your coolers and lawn chairs/blankets for this country concert featuring Voice contestant, Holly Tucker. November 13, 2023, 4 PM to 6:30 PM
- Old Pearland Farmers Market: Purchase fresh, handmade goods from local vendors in benefit of a different community organization each month. Monthly on the 3rd Saturday, 9 AM to 1 PM
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta (free): Celebrate Cinco de Mayo all day with tacos, tequila, and music at the Legacy Hall. May 5, 2023, 11 AM
- Fairytale Adventures (free): This is a free art and drama summer camp funded by the city of Plano where kids will learn about dance, music, acting, story creation, and participate in arts and crafts. May 29, 2023, 9 AM
- Red Tent Farmer’s Market at the Shops at Willowbend: Weekly every Saturday
- DFW Nerd Night at Farm + Feed (free): Play board games with your friends and/or family and support a good cause! Donations are optional with all funds going to a designated charity. Monthly on the 3rd Saturday from 1 PM to 4 PM
- For the Birds Family Day (free): Participate in lots of bird-themed activities and learn about the springtime migration of birds to Port Arthur. May 13, 2023, 10 AM
- Donut Dash 5K: Challenge not just your legs, but your stomach as well. If you sign up for the Challenger Division, you’ll run half a 5K, eat a dozen donuts, and then finish the race. There are other options if you’re looking to just run and then treat yourself with a donut at the end. May 13, 2023, 7 AM
- Round Rock Pop-Up Art Shows: Plan for a day of art shopping and art making in beautiful, historic downtown Round Rock. May 20, 2023, 10 AM to 3 PM
- Music on Main (free): Not only will there be live music, but you’re encouraged to enjoy dinner or snacks on the lawn or visit one of Main Street Round Rock’s many restaurants. There will also be free parking, face painting, balloon artists, and more! Weekly on Wednesdays from 7 PM to 9 PM (starting March 22 until June 28, 2023).
- CultureMap Tastemaker Awards: Celebrate San Antonio’s top restaurants and bar talent. Don’t forget to taste samples and order specialty drinks along the way! May 18, 2023, 7 PM
- Tejano Conjunto Festival: This multi-day festival is internationally recognized as the most influential event for its popular Texas musical tradition. May 19 – 21, 2023
- Día de Muertos: October 26, 2023
- SeaWorld San Antonio Seven Seas Food Festival: Same 100+ food items and nearly 50 varieties of beer, wine, and cocktails. Select days, March 23 – May 14, 2023, 10:30 AM to 6 PM.
- Red Dirt BBQ & Music Fest: This is the biggest and best barbecue event in Texas celebrated on the streets of downtown Tyler. May 6, 2023, 8:30 AM – 9:45 PM
- Brickstreet Festival: Support local pop-up markets and stay for an art show and live music. May 20, 2023, 11 AM to 4 PM
- Latin & Hip-Hop Nights at Bricks: Ladies receive free admission before 10 PM. Weekly on Fridays at 9 PM
- First Saturday Hike at Tyler State Park: Attend a group-led hike through Tyler State Park. Event is free but there is a $6 park entry fee. Leashed pets are welcome. Monthly on the 1st Saturday at 9 AM to 11:30 AM.
- Highway 155 Farmer’s Market (free admission): Weekly on Saturdays from 8 AM to noon.
- Parking Lot Party: Come downtown with your family and friends to dance the night away while enjoying live music, food, and drinks! May 19, 2023, 6 PM to 10 PM
- Memorial Weekend Bash: This music festival will definitely be a lot of fun for the whole family. Experience Tejano music, street dancing and much more! May 26 – 28, 2023
- Food Park Lounge Night: Plan a relaxing evening at the Heritage Food Park with family and friends. May 9 & 23, 2023
- Peach Festival: July 8, 2023