Whether you’re a native of one of these towns, you live nearby, or you’re looking to make your next Texas road trip even more exciting, local events are a huge part of what makes our state a great place to explore!
Click on each city’s event calendar for more information, ticket details (if applicable), and even MORE awesome events! Be sure to save this blog post so you can reference it next year!
With our latest edition of our Texas Travel Guide, you can take an exciting vacation every weekend without breaking the bank and still have more to do! And in just one trip, the guide pays for itself! You’ll be amazed at all the hidden gems, international influence, and wacky attractions you’ll find all over Texas!
Not ready to purchase quite yet? We wanted to make this guide as accessible as possible, so we’ve shared our 1st edition of our guide, 50 Texas Trips Under $50. Click the button below to get yours for FREE!
Seasonal Texas Events
- Where to Pick Berries: May through end of July 2023 (depending on seasonal weather/rain patterns)
- Hot Air Balloon Festivals: June through October 2023
- Pride Month: June 2023
- Pumpkin Patches & Fall Festivals: September through November 2023
- H-E-B Austin Symphony July 4th Concert & Fireworks (free): This is a family-friendly event open to all central Texans at Vic Mathias Shores. This event will feature a beautiful firework display and symphonic patriotic classics performed by the Austin Symphony Orchestra. July 4, 2023, 8 PM
- Hill Country Galleria Independence Day Celebration (free admission and parking): Celebrate Independence Day with your family and friends at the Central Plaza. Enjoy shopping from over 40 vendors, listening to an incredible line-up of live music performances, watching beautiful fireworks, and a lot more! July 4, 2023, 4 PM to 10 PM
- Willie Nelson’s 4th of July Picnic: Head over to the Q2 Stadium to celebrate Independence Day with Willie Nelson & Family and other great local artists. Plus, experience the thrill of their amazing fireworks display! July 4, 2023, 2 PM
- Blues on the Green (free): Hosted by ACL Radio, this is Austin’s most iconic summer concert series to be held at Zilker Park. Get ready for an epic night of live music and good times! July 18 – 19, 2023
- Hot Summer Nights (free): Come see the hottest acts in town at this upcoming three-day district-wide music and arts festival in the Red River Cultural District. Satisfy your cravings for amazing food, stunning art, and awesome music at this event! July 20 – 22, 2023
- Jammin on Jarboe: Listen to great music and sing your heart out at Paul Shelley Pavilion in Jarboe Bayou Park. July 1, 2023, 7 PM to 10 PM
- Astronomy in the Park (free): Pack up your telescope, your blankets, and lawn chairs and come out to Rustic Oak Park for some stargazing. Monthly on the 1st Saturday, 7 PM to 9:30 PM.
- Independence Day (free): Put on your red, white, and blue and let’s celebrate our independence together. Pop over to downtown Beaumont for a fun-filled day of games, music, and fireworks! July 4, 2023, 5 PM
- Sip ‘n Shop at Cotton Creek Winery (free admission): Monthly on the 1st of the month
- Yoga at Cattail Marsh (free): Bring your mat and attend a Vinyasa yoga class on the Cattail Marsh Boardwalk. Weekly on Saturdays until August 26th, 2023.
- I-10 Flea Market (free admission): Explore a wide array of locally made items and antiques. Weekly on Friday, Saturday, Sunday from 8AM to 5PM. Location: 445 West Freeway (I-10, Vidor, TX)
- Red, White & Free Festival & Fireworks Celebration (free admission): Celebrate America’s independence with delicious food and drinks, amazing fireworks and good company! July 4, 2023, 5 PM to 10 PM
- Bellville Market Day and Farmers Market (free admission): Shop vendors and fresh, local goods like seasonal produce, meat, and more! Monthly on the 1st Saturday. Opens at 9am. Farmers Market is open until noon. Market is open until 4 PM. Note: The Market is not held in January, June, July, or August.
- Salsa Night at Yett Memorial Park: Get ready to feel the salsa beat and dance the night away! This dance party will also have Latin dance lessons that are open to everyone. July 15, 2023, 6 PM
- Boerne Concert Band (free): This is a free music concert for people of all ages. Check out Main Plaza Park for a night of unforgettable performances and good vibes! July 2, 2023, 7 PM to 9 PM
- Hot Summer Night Antique Tractor Pull (free, but donations are welcome): Drive to the AgriCultural Museum & Arts Center for an exciting night of antique tractor pulls and trail rides through the Hill Country. July 29, 2023, 6 PM
- A Day at the Farm & Farmers Market (free admission): Spend time outside, shop, and hike the trails at Herff Farm. Special events vary, like classes or chances to volunteer with the Cibolo Center for Conservation. Weekly every Saturday from 9 AM to 1 PM
- The Old Jail Museum Tours: Learn about Kendall County history inside this historic jailhouse that dates back to 1887. Tickets for visitors 10+ years old are just $5! Visitors under 10 will receive free admission. Weekly every Saturday.
- 12th Annual Boat Parade at Wild Duck Marina: Cruise over to US Dock’s Wild Duck Marina and show some support for your community this Independence Day. Get ready for an unforgettable night of fireworks, music, food, and fun! July 1, 2023, 6:30 PM to 9:30 PM
- Moto Xtreme Circus: Hustle to the Brown Country Fairgrounds and be amazed by the incredible stunts and performances at the Moto Xtreme Circus show! July 8, 2023, 7:30 to 10:30 PM
- 2nd Sundays in Downtown Brownwood: Every month on the second Sunday, local businesses will be open and offering something unique and fun! Explore the charm of downtown: the food, the drinks, the shopping!
- Old Fashioned July 4th Celebration (free): Join the community at the Heritage Park for a day of celebration and gratitude as we honor our nation’s independence and our great country. Join different festivities including a flag raising ceremony, face painting, children’s parade, patriotic tunes, multiple exhibit booths and a lot more! July 4, 2023, 9:30 AM to 12 PM
- First Responders, Frontline Workers and Military Appreciation Day (free for First Responders): All first responders, frontline workers and military workers are invited to hang out by the pool for free and enjoy the sun at the Bryan Aquatic Center, Sadie Thomas Pool, and Henderson Harbor. July 4, 2023, 1 PM to 7 PM
- 4th of July Fireworks & Drones Show (free admission): The Texas A&M University System is hosting this free community event at the RELLIS Campus. Come celebrate the American spirit and enjoy a fireworks and drone show complemented by patriotic music! July 4, 2023, 6:30 PM to 11:30 PM
- First Friday in Downtown Bryan (free): Monthly on the 1st Friday from 5 PM to 10 PM.
- Beverage Flight Wednesday at Ronin Farm: The Ronin Farm will be serving flights of things like beer, wine, cocktails, or liquor that’ll change each week. Check their website to see what is being served that week. Book your spot online. Weekly every Wednesday during this spring, 5 PM to 10 PM.
- Brazos Valley Farmers’ Market (free): Weekly every Saturday from 8 AM to noon.
- Coffee Shop Social at POV by Pride Community Center (free): Visit with members and staff of the Pride Community Center while sipping on your favorite beverage at the POV Coffee House. Monthly on the 3rd Tuesday from 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM. Click here for more 2023 Pride Month events.
- Pop-up with Pure Barre at Lake Walk (free): Enjoy a sunset barre class monthly on the 4th Wednesday from 6:30 PM to 7:30 PM. Be sure to come prepared with a yoga mat, towel, and water. Be sure to register online beforehand.
- Hill Country Bliss Open House & Grand Opening: Looking for an elegant venue for your dream wedding? Take a trip to Hill Country Bliss for a venue tour. Plus, meet vendors, wedding planners, and enter for a chance to win a giveaway. Even if you don’t win, everyone gets a take-home gift bag! July 9, 2023, 1 PM to 4 PM
- Tailwind Regional Balloon Fest: Come in your brightest neon to join the 5K Glow Run. This colorful event also features a large balloon glow, tethered balloon rides, live entertainment, food vendors, and much more! July 7, 2023, 4 PM, until July 8, 2023, 10 PM
- Kid’s Splash Day: Bring your kids to Canton Main Street for a day filled with fun water activities such as water spray by the fire department, huge water slide, and water-themed games. July 22, 2023, 2 PM to 4 PM
- First Monday Market Days (free admission): The largest flea market in the world! Monthly every first and last weekend (Thursdays through Sundays)
- Downtown Canton Farmers Market (free admission): Start your weekend off right shop a variety of local produce, meat, handcrafted goods, and more (perhaps with a breakfast taco and/or coffee in-hand). Weekly every Saturday, 8 AM to 12 PM (through September 23rd)
- Stars and Stripes Celebration: Celebrate America’s independence with a magnificent firework display at Heritage Place and enjoy a night of live music, vendors, food trucks, children’s activities and more! July 1, 2023, 6 PM to 10 PM
- Trivia at B-52 Brewing (free admission): Weekly on Thursday at 7 PM
- Main Street Market (free admission): Weekly on Saturday, 10 AM to 2 PM
- Sip Shop Stroll (free admission): Shop alongside live music, food, and libations. Monthly on the 4th Thursday at 5 PM.
- 8th Annual Corpus Christi Food Truck Summerfest 2023 (free): This is a family-friendly event presented by JAG Downtown Festival & Events LLC. Celebrate Corpus Christi and indulge in amazing food from local food trucks and vendors at Packery Bar & Grill. July 1, 2023, 12 PM
- Mayor’s Big Bang Celebration (free): Let’s come together and celebrate with beautiful fireworks that will light up the night sky on the Corpus Christi Bayfront. July 4, 2023, 9:30 PM
- Food Truck Festival and Kid Zone (free): Head on over to Shoreline Boulevard and make unforgettable memories with your family. Come hungry, curious, and ready to party! July 4, 2023, 12 PM to 6 PM
- Star Festival: Learn about Tanabata, AKA the Star Festival, at the Texas State Museum of Asian Cultures and Education Center. Write your personal wishes on small pieces of paper called tanzakus and use string or ribbon to hang them on bamboo branches. July 8, 2023, 6 PM to 9 PM
- Grow Local Farmers’ Market (free): Weekly on Wednesdays
- Sunrise Yoga on the Deck at Water Dog Yoga, SUP & Barre: Take a sunrise Vinyasa class for all levels and ages. Weekly on Wednesdays from 6:30 AM to 7:30 AM
- Third Thursday at the Art Museum of South Texas (free): Explore the museum, take part in art activities, shop from local vendors, and listen to live music. Monthly on the 3rd Thursday from 5:30 PM to 9 PM
- 2nd Annual Sensory Sensitive Fourth of July Celebration (free admission): The Sound at Cypress Waters offers an alternative to celebrating Independence Day to people and pets who are highly sensitive to sound. Enjoy a night of activities like a colorful, patriotic laser light show, animal activities, face painting and more! July 4, 2023, 6 PM to 10 PM
- Block Party at the Park: It’s time to wave your flags and visit Old City Park for some explosively fun games and a raffle! July 4, 2023, 2 PM to 6 PM
- Fair Park Fourth (free): Come celebrate our country’s independence at Fair Park for an unforgettable night of fantastic fireworks displays, hands-on activities for the kids, local market vendors, live music, entertainment, food trucks and more! July 4, 2023, 4:30 PM to 10 PM
- Alternative Products Expo Dallas 2023: Come on down to Kay Bailey Hutchison Convention Center to meet and learn from the leading counterculture manufacturers. July 13 – 15, 2023
- Texas State Fair: There will be dozens of food stalls, games, carnival rides, tastings, daily concerts, and other family-friendly activities. September 29 – October 22, 2023
- Día de Muertos: October 29, 2023
- Vista Brewing Presents: Outside the City Limits Summer Concert Series (free): This is a family- and dog-friendly event at the Vista’s 21 Acre Hill Country Ranch. Enjoy the beautiful outdoors with good music, great food, delicious beer and refreshing Texas wine! July 8, 6 PM to 9 PM
- There aren’t any events currently scheduled for July 2023. Keep checking their online event calendar for updates.
- Texas Motorplex Rumble in the Jungle (free for kids 10 & under): Come see the coolest cars at Texas Motorplex and enjoy a day of horsepower and speed! July 21 – 22, 2023
- Casino Night: Play roulette, Texas Hold’em, Craps, and Blackjack. Your ticket will get you $2,000 in Funny Money to start with prizes available for you to win! August 12, 2023, 7 PM to 10 PM
- Trick-It-Up Bike Ride: There will be snacks and lunch provided along with a St. Arnold’s Beer Garden and live music. Come ready to ride in with your best bike decor and Halloween costume! October 28, 2023
- Scare on the Square: More information will become available on the Chamber of Commerce website as it becomes available. October 31, 2023
- Christmas Parade & Rudolph “Fun” Run: More information will become available on the Chamber of Commerce website as it becomes available. December 9, 2023
- Farmersville Market at the Onion Shed & City Hall (free admission): This event has been running since 2004 and features food and craft vendors, trails, and restaurants. Monthly (except January & October) on the 1st Saturday from 9 AM to 3 PM.
- Fireworks on the Fairway – Independence Day Celebration: Join PGA Frisco for a patriotic party to celebrate America’s birthday with different festivities such as a spectacular drones show, fireworks show, high-energy musical entertainment, delicious food treats, carnival games, face painting and so much more! July 1, 2023, 6 PM to 10 PM
- Frisco Freedom Fest: Celebrate Independence Day with a bang on this 2-day event at Frisco Square! Don’t miss out on the Cornhole Tournament, Dachshund Dash, Yankee Doodle Poodle Parade, 5K Glow Run, Party in the Plaza and Taste of Frisco. July 3 – 4, 2023
- Frisco Starfest (free): Hang out with the Texas Astronomical Society and learn all about space. Check the hotline before you go by calling 214-800-6000. Monthly on the 2nd Saturday, 6 PM to 10:30 PM weather permitting.
- Fourth of July Parade: Join Galveston Island at Seawall Boulevard for a night of celebration and excitement with a colorful parade, beautiful fireworks, and other special events! July 4, 2023, 6 PM to 8 PM
- 4th of July Fireworks Over the Gulf (free admission): Roll up to the beach near 37th Street and Seawall Boulevard and witness a breathtaking display of fireworks! July 4, 2023, 9:15 PM to 9:45 PM
- Rise Prohibition Brunch at Mob Bar: This local speakeasy will feature Sinatra, live jazz, and a menu full of themed food and drinks. Weekly every Sunday, 12 PM to 4 PM.
- 2023 Central Texas Sunflower Festival: Be dazzled by the beauty and diversity of the massive 3- to 12-foot sunflowers at Sweet Eats Fruit Farm. July 1 – 9, 2023, 9 AM to 6 PM
- Sertoma’s 4th of July Family Celebration & Fireworks (free admission): Join Georgetown Sertoma Club for a day of celebration, patriotism, and good times at San Gabriel Park. There will be arts and crafts vendors, food vendors, a petting zoo, classic and antique cars, games, and rides for children and adults. July 4, 2023, 11 AM to 9:30 PM
- Wolf Ranch Farmer’s Market (free admission): Weekly on Saturdays
- Historic Courthouse Tours (free): Weekly on Fridays at 1:30 PM, 2:30 PM, and 3:30 PM. Simply meet at the courthouse.
- Thursday Taproom Trivia at the Barking Armadillo (free admission): Weekly on Thursdays